A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has confirmed that Gayle and Shelvey could make Sunday’s game with Man Utd, with Saint-Maximin and Willems are fit to start and Ritchie and Lejeune ruled out – Full story here.
- Matty Longstaff could make his Premier League debut against Manchester United this weekend, with Bruce hinting that he’s in contention to feature – Full story here.
- FIVE Man Utd stars look set to miss Sunday’s game at St James’ Park, with Pogba, Martial, Wan-Bisaka, Shaw and Lingard all major doubts – Full story here.
- Sky Sports’ Charlie Nicholas believes Newcastle will ‘surprise everybody’ one week, and he’s backing that to happen on Sunday with a 2-1 win over Man Utd – Full story here.
- According to reports in Cumbria, Carlisle boss Steven Pressley has told Elias Sorensen to ‘work on his fitness’, suggesting this may be one of the key reasons he’s struggled for starts in League Two – Full story here.
- Man Utd fans aren’t happy ahead of their trip to Tyneside this weekend after another dismal display last night – See why this could be the PERFECT time to play them here.
- Both Michael Owen and Mark Lawrenson have released their predictions ahead of Sunday’s game – and they’re both backing the game to end in a draw – Full story here.
- And finally, Jake Humphrey has fired an amusing dig at Michael Owen – mocking his time on Tyneside with a brilliant tweet last night – See it here.