A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Things have gone from bad to worse for Miguel Almiron, who was sent off for Paraguay last night for diving – Full story here.
- As revealed by The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas, Newcastle will have the chance to sign Frankfurt loanee Jetro Willems for “less than £6m” next summer – Full story here.
- The Magpie Group have released a new statement, responding to the club’s defence of Mike Ashley following Jeremy Corbyn’s attack on the NUFC owner – Full story here.
- According to The Athletic’s Chris Waugh, Steve Bruce will have between ‘£15-£25m’ to spend in January – a total which could be boosted by any player sales – Full story here.
- The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas has revealed that Jarrod Bowen’s name “keeps getting mentioned” to him ahead of the January transfer window – Full story here.
- Martin Samuel of The Daily Mail – a friend of Mike Ashley’s – has responded to Jeremy Corbyn’s criticism of the NUFC owner, and he’s missed the point entirely – Full story here.
- Rob Elliot has revealed that a total lack of game time made him fall out of love with the game last year, but he’s not given up on his career at Newcastle United just yet – Full story here.
- Ex-Sunderland striker Darren Bent has revealed how he was blown away by the performance of Allan Saint-Maximin against Manchester United on Sunday – Full story here.