A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has confirmed that Fabian Schar, Andy Carroll, Matt Ritchie and Florian Lejeune will all miss Sunday’s game, with Isaac Hayden also suspended – Read his comments here.
- Lee Charnley is in contract talks with ‘two or three’ players according to Steve Bruce – who’s ‘confident’ the Longstaff’s will sign – Full story here.
- After an eventful game in Europa just last night, Wolves’ preparations coming into Sunday’s game from St James’ Park have been far from ideal – Full story here.
- Dwight Gayle is “knocking on the door” to make his first start for Newcastle since May 2018 this Sunday, according to Steve Bruce – Full story here.
- TV pundits Charlie Nicholas, Mark Lawrenson and Michael Owen have released their predictions ahead of Newcastle vs Wolves – See who they’re backing here.
- Craig Hope claims Fabian Schar’s knee injury is “not too serious” – despite initial fears he’d suffered ‘knee ligament damage’ – Full story here.
- Former Peterborough boss Steve Evans believes Newcastle sold Ivan Toney ‘too soon’ – and is backing the in-form striker to land a Premier League move – Full story here.
- And finally, ex-Mag Joselu has weighed in with an early contender for miss of the season in Spain – Watch it here.