A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- After reports last night claimed there’d been a row, the club have today confirmed that Neil Redfearn has resigned as NUFC U-23 boss – Full story here.
- The Daily Star claim Jonjo Shelvey is ‘close’ to signing a new deal – despite interest from TWO Premier League clubs – Full story here.
- After Richard Keys posted a cryptic tweet claiming it ‘could be a very good week for NUFC fans’, the club have insisted it’s ‘business as usual’ on the takeover front – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have confirmed this afternoon that Newcastle United have re-signed former Arsenal talent Stefan O’Connor – Full story here.
- Florian Lejeune has got more minutes in the tank at U-23 level, playing 70 minutes in a 5-goal thriller at Villa Park last night – Full story here.
- Allan Saint-Maximin has been at it again on social media, putting a bitter Sunderland fan in his place last night – Read his brilliant tweet here.
- According to the Birmingham Mail, Wolves are facing competition from Newcastle for the signature of £5m-rated full-back Aurélio Buta – Full story here.
- Gary Ainsworth has hailed the impact Rolando Aarons has made at Wycombe, believing the NUFC loanee is ‘definitely’ too good for League One – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.