A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to The Athletic, the Orlegi Group are “serious bidders” and ‘confident’ about their chances of completing a takeover at Newcastle United – Full story here.
- The Telegraph’s Luke Edwards claims Matty Longstaff is set to sign a new deal – but reveals why contract talks with brother Sean have stalled – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has revealed that he’s tried to get Jetro Willems and DeAndre Yedlin ‘further up the pitch’ – believing this tweak has given us more options in attack – Full story here.
- BBC Pundit Garth Crooks has included Federico Fernandez in his Premier League TOTW after his impressive display on Saturday – Read his comments here.
- A story from the Sunday People is claiming that Magpies duo Dwight Gayle and Jonjo Shelvey could be tempted by a move to China – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Jamaal Lascelles left St James’ Park on crutches following his side’s 2-1 win against Bournemouth – Full story here.
- Spanish outlet El Demarsque claim Newcastle are one of THREE clubs eyeing up a move for Real Madrid misfit Lucas Vazquez – Full story here.
- And finally, take a look at our player ratings from Saturdays’ brilliant win over Bournemouth – Read them here.