A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Protest group Toon For Change have sent a letter to members of the Orlegi Group, revealing why Newcastle have ‘£1bn potential’ ahead of a potential takeover – Full story here.
- Matt Ritchie has told Scotland that he will be permanently retiring from international football – Read why here.
- Steve Bruce is keen to sign another midfielder in January – and may use the loan market to do so according to the Shields Gazette – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, recently linked Genk striker Mbwana Samatta is actually a long term target of Steve Bruce’s – Full story here.
- Former Newcastle midfielder Lee Bower and ex-boss Chris Hughton are two of the leading contenders to become the new Cardiff City boss according to The Times – Full story here.
- Steve Harmison has singled out 5 Newcastle defenders that he believes are good enough to play for just about any team outside the top 4 – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has challenged Javier Manquillo and Yoshinori Muto to take inspiration from Ciaran Clark after both were nowhere to be seen on Saturday – Full story here.