According to the bookies, there’s FOUR Premier League teams more likely to go down than Newcastle this season.
Based on the latest odds from bet365 (via Oddschecker), here’s the current relegation odds, going from most likely to get relegated to least:
- Norwich – 1/4…….(20th on 7 points)
- Watford – 10/11……(18th on 8 points)
- Southampton – 6/4……(19th on 8 points)
- Aston Villa – 13/8…….(17th on 11 points)
- Newcastle – 10/3…….(13th on 15 points)
- Burnley – 4/1………(10th on 15 points)
- Brighton – 11/2……..(11th on 15 points)
- West Ham – 11/2…….(16th on 13 points)
- Crystal Palace – 13/2…..(12th on 15 points)
- Sheffield Utd – 15/2…….(5th on 17 points)
While we’ve been on a brilliant run, with 7 points out of our last three games sending us 7 points clear of the drop zone, these odds show just how big our trip to Aston Villa could be in two weeks time.
Win and we could well be TEN clear of the drop zone and flying, but lose and it won’t take long for fans to be looking over their shoulders once again.
As for the three favourites to go down, Norwich really do look in a real mess, conceding goals for fun and struggling to score, while Southampton have picked up just one point from their last six – which included a devastating 9-0 home defeat to Leicester.
It will be interesting to see how Watford kick on from their first win of the season at Norwich last Friday, with their home game with a beatable Burnley likely to be a good indicator of where they’re really at next weekend.
As for us, if we can continue to find the balance between attack and defence and finally get our front three scoring we’ve got every chance of staying up – but there’ll come a point where we’ll be punished if our forwards keep fluffing their chances.