A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Widespread reports have now confirmed that Jamaal Lascelles has suffered knee ligament damage, meaning he looks set to miss 3 months – Full story here.
- On the fitness front, there is some positive news on Matt Ritchie, Florian Lejeune and Fabian Schar – Read the latest on all three here.
- Seydou Doumbia claims a lack of match fitness and Steve McClaren’s sacking played a huge part in his disastrous loan spell at Newcastle United – Read full interview here.
- Danny Mills claims he was right after all about Miguel Almiron, suggesting the Paraguayan does little else but work hard – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has heaped praise on Federico Fernandez, describing his display in Saturday’s win over Bournemouth as “absolutely magnificent” – Full story here.
- Thomas Allan and Lewis Cass are currently the only U-23’s deemed ‘capable’ of stepping up to the senior squad according to the Chronicle – Full story here.
- Ciaran Clark is the 6th most in-form player in the Premier League according to Sky Sports’ latest power rankings, with THREE other NUFC players also featuring – See full list here.
- Chris Sutton believes some Newcastle fans will be “embarrassed” by their abuse towards Steve Bruce after our impressive run of form recently – Read his comments here.