Today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Newcastle are interested in Ryan Babel according to Turkish Football – with Eurosport’s Manu Lonjon also claiming we’ve ‘entered discussions’ with Galatasaray.
- According to reports in Italy, Aston Villa have hijacked Steve Bruce’s attempts to sign AC Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek with a £30m bid.
- Olivier Giroud’s ‘knew nothing’ about Newcastle’s interest in signing him on loan this month according to The Athletic’s David Ornstein.
- The Telegraph claim Jarrod Bowen will NOT be leaving Hull City until the summer, with the Tigers set to resit interest from Newcastle and push for promotion.
- Away from transfers, Fabian Schar has been voted the club’s Player of the Year for 2019 by the North East Football Writers Association, with Sean Longstaffnamed the region’s Young Player of the Year.
- According to the Chronicle, ex-NUFC defender Peter Ramage has applied for the vacant U23 job and is ‘one of the contenders’ to replace Neil Redfearn.