A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Northern Echo, a Newcastle scout was at Brentford on Saturday to watch attacking trio Said Benrahma, Ollie Watkins and Bryan Mbuemo.
- Lee Ryder believes Matty Longstaff would sign a new deal at Newcastle United if he was offered around £25,000 per week.
- Ciaran Clark insists Newcastle players are taking the latest takeover rumours with a ‘pinch of salt’ – but admits they’re all aware of the reported interest.
- Newcastle are the latest club to be linked with Wigan star Antonee Robinson, with the Mirror claiming ourselves, Chelsea and Villa are admirers of the 22-year-old American.
- Said Benrahma has revealed his wish to play Premier League football following reports linking him with a summer move to NUFC – but admits he’s focused on Brentford ‘at the moment’.
- MLS President Darren Eales has hinted that Miguel Almiron’s £21m move to Newcastle may not be the last bit of business done between Atlanta Utd and Newcastle Utd – Read his comments here.
- According to the Sun’s Alan Nixon, PSG could make a summer move for Danny Rose should he impress during a loan spell at St James’ Park.