A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Wall Street Journal, Carla DiBello approached the Saudi officials “early 2019”, revealing the roles both herself and Amanda Staveley could have in a potential takeover – Full story here.
- Newcastle are interested in Fenerbahce giant Vedat Muriqi, according to reports in Turkey.
- Belgian outlet HLN claim Newcastle have had scouts watching Club Brugge forward Emmanuel Dennis this season.
- According to the Northern Echo, Mike Ashley has delivered a ‘business as usual’ response to takeover claims – instructing the club to continue on as normal until a formal bid the Amanda Staveley-led consortium.
- Football Insider claim Newcastle United rejected a £4m bid from Leeds for Karl Darlow last month.
- Shola Ameobi has received ‘unbelievable’ reports from Rotherham on NUFC loanee Dan Barlaser – and the 23-year-old could be handed a second chance to prove himself on Tyneside as a result of his impressive season in League One.
- According to the Athletic, the Newcastle United centre-back Steve Bruce rates ‘most highly’ is skipper Jamaal Lascelles.
- And finally, West Brom are expected to field a weakened side ahead of next month’s FA Cup clash – with Slaven Bilic set to focus on their push for promotion instead.