A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Eddie Hearn has rubbished reports claiming his father, Barry Hearn, had been a “key figure” in a potential Newcastle United takeover involving Amanda Staveley – Read his comments here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Mark Douglas, Steve Bruce would “love” to sign Liverpool’s Adama Lallana this summer.
- Valentino Lazaro has told Sky Sports that he made the right decision to join Newcastle over RB Leipzig – with Keith Downie claiming he’s in contention to start vs Arsenal on Sunday.
- Jonjo Shelvey is ‘touch and go’ for this weekend’s trip to the Emirates according to Steve Bruce – despite initial fears he’d miss the whole of February.
- Ex-Mag Adam Armstrong is now the Championship’s most in-form player, with his 11 goal involvements since December being more than any other in the second tier.
- As revealed by WhoScored.Com, Newcastle’s average possession (39.4%) this season is the LOWEST of all teams in Europe’s top 5 leagues.
- According to reports emerging from South Korea, Ki Sung-yueng’s proposed move to FC Seoul has collapsed.
- The Northern Echo claim Newcastle are leading the race to sign Brentford star Said Benrahma this summer – and hope the offer of ‘regular first team football’ could convince him to sign despite rival interest from Arsenal.