A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Shields Gazette, Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman has performed a U-turn over a potential takeover at NUFC – and will instead focus on a buyout of Manchester Utd.
- German outlet BILD claim Newcastle United are ‘seriously interested’ in Hoffenheim midfielder Florian Grillitsch – Joelinton’s former teammate – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has hinted there ‘could have been a sale’ at Newcastle last summer – and has criticised Mike Ashley’s lack of ambition in his latest interview in Spain – Read it here.
- Joey Barton has mocked Sunderland fans for celebrating last night’s late equaliser vs Fleetwood as if they’d ‘just won the World Cup final’ – Watch his amusing post-match presser here.
- Gary Neville believes Newcastle will NOT be dragged into a relegation fight – despite Steve Bruce winning just 1 game of his last 9 league games – Read his comments here.
- According to the Chronicle, Andy Carroll could trigger a new one-year contract extension if he plays another 7 games for the club this season – Full story here.
- Celtic star Odsonne Edouard has ‘attracted interest’ from Newcastle United, according to Scottish outlet the Daily Record – Full story here.
- Martin Dubravka has named Matt Ritchie as the club’s ‘best trainer’ – but admits the ‘crazy’ wing-back is also the kitman’s ‘worst nightmare’ – Read his comments here.