A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- The Daily Star’s Ian Murtagh has confirmed Ciaran Clark’s season is over, with ankle ligament damage set to keep him out for several months – Full story here.
- George Caulkin insists ‘talks are ongoing’ between Mike Ashley and the Saudi-based group led by Amanda Staveley – claiming there’s been very few updates as the two parties are keen to see no more takeover ‘leaks’- Full story here.
- Federico Fernandez has told Sky Sports’ Keith Downie that he’s yet to hold any contract talks with the club – despite his deal expiring this summer – Full story here.
- According to Lee Ryder, Andy Carroll has told ‘those close to him’ that he’s hoping to be fit for our trip to Southampton next weekend – Full story here.
- Alan Pardew’s time with ADO Den Haag has quickly turned sour, with Dutch hooligans appearing at their training ground to criticise his tactics – Full story here.
- Freddie Woodman and Aleksandar Mitrovic were involved in a brilliant battle last night, with the NUFC loanee saving his penalty before conceding to the Serbian in the 94th minute – Watch both moments here.
- The Athletic claim Steve Bruce could switch to a 4-2-3-1 formation against Burnley this weekend – but admit a 3-5-2 system was also trialed in training recently – Full story here.
- Michael Owen believes Saturday’s game will be decided by one goal, believing one of Burnley or Newcastle will win the game 1-0 – Read his prediction here.