A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has revealed that shaking hands at the club’s training ground has been BANNED at Newcastle over coronavirus fears.
- The NUFC boss has also confirmed that Jonjo Shelvey and Javier Manquillo are fit for tomorrow’s game, but 6 look set to miss out – Read his full injury update here.
- According to Sky Sports’ Keith Downie, Steve Bruce all but confirmed that we’ll be moving away from a five-man defence and going with a new formation against Burnley – Full story here.
- Some interesting clips have emerged have emerged from training, suggesting Joelinton could play out wide and Almiron in the no.10 role behind Gayle tomorrow – Watch training video here.
- According to ‘The Other 14’, only ONE Premier League player outside the ‘big 6’ has been dribbled past less than Jamaal Lascelles this season.
- BBC Newcastle’s John Anderson believes Danny Rose hasn’t looked interested or fit enough since signing – also feeling Bentaleb hasn’t done enough to warrant his place in the side over Hayden – Read his comments here.
- Isaac Hayden claims Newcastle United skipper Jamaal Lascelles is one of the club’s quickest players – See his intriguing comments here.