A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Federico Fernandez has had his contract extended at Newcastle United after a clause was activated – Read club statement and his reaction here!
- According to reports in Holland, AZ Alkmaar have set a £17m asking price for star striker and Newcastle target Myron Boadu – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has been told to forget a move for Boro star Hayden Coulson, with the Gazette Live claiming they’ll reject any approach for the Gateshead-born talent – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer has picked Newcastle duo Allan Saint-Maximin and Jamaal Lascelles in his Premier League Team of the Week – See it in full here.
- The Athletic claim that Rafa Benitez was all set to sell Jonjo Shelvey last summer had he signed a new contract at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- According to Football Insider, former Mag and alleged Newcastle target James Tavernier will be allowed to leave Rangers for just £4m this summer – Full story here.
- Some outstanding save stats have emerged from the Premier League’s official site on Martin Dubravka, proving why he has to be named our player of the season for 2019/20 – See them here.
- Andy finally, Southampton fans have given their thoughts on Saturday’s 1-0 loss to Newcastle on social media; and they’re pretty baffling to say the least – Read them here.