Allan Saint-Maximin’s dribbling statistics are impressive enough as it is, but new figures have now emerged, highlighting the utterly incredible impact he’s had on this Newcastle side.
As revealed by WhoScored.com, at our points per game rate when Allan Saint-Maximin has started this season (1.89), we would earn 72 points over a 38-game season – all but guaranteeing a spot in the Champions League places.
On the flip side, however, we have an average points per game rate of just 0.73 when the winger does NOT start – meaning we’d be left on 28 points over a 38-game season and relegated, based on these stats without the Frenchman in our starting 11.
Absolutely stunning stats.
We’re not a one-man team and do have several other key players and a strong core unit, but these numbers surely prove that his £16.5m move from Nice last summer was the signing of the season.
After all, there can’t be another player in the Premier League who’s had THIS level of influence on their team, with his impact transforming us from one extreme to another.
Here’s the stunning comparison between our results when he starts and when he doesn’t:
NUFC stats when Saint-Maximin doesn’t start
Played 14 – Won 1 – Drawn 5 – Lost 8 – Points 8 – Goals For 9 – Goals Against 26
- The only game we won without the Frenchman was that 1-0 win over Crystal Palace at St James’ Park via a late goal from Miguel Almiron.
NUFC stats when Saint-Maximin starts
Played 18 – Won 10 – Drawn 4 – Lost 4 – Points 34 – Goals For 24 – Goals Against 17
- Tottenham 0-1 Newcastle
- Newcastle 1-0 Man Utd (Played key part in Longstaff’s winner)
- Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle (Caused havoc on the counter)
- Newcastle 1-1 Wolves
- West Ham 2-3 Newcastle (MOTM)
- Newcastle 2-1 Bournemouth (ASSIST)
- Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle
- Newcastle 2-2 Man City (Ran Kyle Walk ragged!)
- Sheffield Utd 0-2 Newcastle (GOAL)
- Newcastle 2-1 Southampton
- Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea (ASSIST)
- Newcastle 0-0 Norwich
- Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle
- Palace 1-0 Newcastle
- Southampton 0-1 Newcastle (GOAL)
- Newcastle 3-0 Sheffield United (GOAL)
- Newcastle 1-1- Villa (MOTM)
- Bournemouth 1-4 Newcastle (X3 ASSISTS)
What a player!