Both NUFC players have landed themselves a spot in the starting XI following their poor debut campaigns, and it will come as no surprise to any Newcastle fan.
Joelinton cost us a club record £40m from Hoffenheim and the Brazilian managed to bag just two league goals in a very poor first season. The 23-year old’s performances put him in with a shout of being the biggest flop of the entire 19/20 campaign.
Emil Krafth has been unconvincing at right-back for an experienced Swedish international, and he looked even worse when deployed on the right-hand side of a back three during our defensive injury crisis at the end of the season.
Here is The Sun’s team of Premier League flops in full, which cost a staggering £207m combined:
- GK: Roberto (West Ham – Free)
- DEF: Emil Krafth (Newcastle United – £5m)
- DEF: Craig Dawson (Watford – £5.5m)
- DEF: David Luiz (Arsenal – £8m)
- MID: Tanguy Ndombele (Tottenham – £55m)
- MID: Danny Drinkwater (Burnley / Villa – Loan)
- MID: Pablo Fornals (West Ham – £26.7m)
- MID: Ravel Morrison (Sheff Utd – Free)
- CAM: Alex Iwobi (Everton – £38m)
- ST: Moise Kean (Everton – £29m)
- ST: Joelinton (Newcastle United – £40m)