A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has refused to comment on the Rodrigo Vilca rumours, but says it’s news to him that DeAndre Yedlin is ‘close’ to joining Besiktas – Full story here.
- Newcastle have been linked with a move for Arsenal defender Callum Chambers after missing out on Gunners teammate Rob Holding (TEAMTalk) – Full story here.
- According to reports in Colombia, Newcastle are showing interest in Ateltico Madrid right-back Santiago Arias – Full story here.
- Allan Saint-Maximin has been declared fit to start against Brighton on Sunday, but FIVE inured players remain sidelined – Read Bruce’s early team news here.
- Newcastle have will play Watford or Newport County away in the last 16 of the Carabao Cup should we overcome Morecambe in the third round next Wednesday – Full story here.
- West Brom have confirmed the signing of Conor Gallagher – the highly-rated Chelsea talent who had been regularly linked with a loan move to Tyneside this summer – Full story here.
- Sky Sports report that former loan man Danny Rose is closing in on a move to Genoa after Newcastle opted to sign Jamal Lewis instead of the Tottenham left-back – Full story here.
- Michael Owen is backing Newcastle to beat Brighton 1-0 on Sunday and believes Andy Carroll looked ‘back to his best’ in last weekend’s win over West Ham – Read his comments here.
Follow us on Twitter (@NUFCBlogcouk) / Follow us on Facebook HERE