That’s it folks. The ‘summer’ transfer window has now slammed shut.
Without further adieu, here’s all the ins and outs we’ve seen over the past few months, covering everything from U-23 (*) to senior level at St James’ Park.
- Callum Wilson – £20m (Bournemouth)
- Jamal Lewis – £15m (Norwich City)
- Ryan Fraser – Free (Bournemouth)
- Jeff Hendrick – Free (Burnley)
- Mark Gillespie – Free (Motherwell)
- *Rodrigo Vilca – £250,000 (Deportivo Municipal)
- *Niall Brookwell – Free (Liverpool)
There’s also Jacob Murphy who’s back from a successful loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday, while Achraf Lazaar is still on Tyneside after his stint at Serie B side Cosenza came to an end. Former Saint-Etienne talent Florent Indalecio is also on trial with with our U-23’s and could yet be signed.
- Dan Barlaser – £250,000 (Rotherham)
- Jack Colback – Free (Nottingham Forest)
- Florian Lejeune – Loan (Alaves)
- Yoshinori Muto – Loan (Eibar)
- Freddie Woodman – Loan (Swansea)
- *Kelland Watts – Loan (Plymouth Argyle)
- *Tom Allan – Loan (Accrington Stanley)
- *Mo Sangare – Loan (Accrington Stanley)
- *Elias Sorensen – Loan (Almere City)
- *Lewis Cass – Loan (Hartlepool)
- *Jake Turner – Loan (Morecambe)
- Rob Elliot – Released
- *Jamie Sterry – Released
- *Victor Fernandez – Released
- *Luke Charman – Released
- *Nathan Harker – Released
- *Liam Gibson – Released
There’s also Jetro Willems, Valentino Lazaro, Nabil Bentaleb and Danny Rose who were at Newcastle on loan during 2019/20 who are now either back with their parent clubs or have signed elsewhere.
For me, we’ve signed THE perfect striker in Callum Wilson, brought in very decent frees in Ryan Fraser and Jeff Hendrick and talented left-back in Jamal Lewis, however we’ve been left short up top (we’re a Wilson injury away from trouble) and could’ve done with another centre-back – especially when Lejeune was allowed to leave and the Holding deal fell through.
Are you happy with our business this summer, or do you feel Steve Bruce has been left short?