Just when I started to wonder if Simon Jordan was beginning to speak more sense these days, he’s gone and launched one of THE most shameless defences of Steve Bruce you’re ever likely to see after such an embarrassing display.
Speaking on talkSPORT this morning, he’s come out with the following claims (watch it for yourselves below):
- Our expectations are ‘unrealistic’
- ‘Brucey’ would play good football if he had better players, but we haven’t got the personnel for him to be expansive.
- We couldn’t have done any better in recent weeks aside from the defeats to Leeds and Brentford.
- Bruce is struggling because Lascelles and Saint-Maximin are out.
- We can’t complain because we’re above Fulham and they spent more than us last summer (they spent £15m, we spent over £35m).
- We would remain where they are (in a relegation battle), even under Mourinho or Guardiola, unless they were given big money to spend (just like Steve Bruce got during his first summer in charge!)
- Sheffield United are no mugs and a win was coming.
People often say it’s best to ignore the pundits and not give them any airtime, but some things are just so off the mark that they need to be put right.
The most laughable line for me was….”Brucey will play expansive football if the personnel he has allows him to”.
Will he? Because this is without any shadow of a doubt the most talented group of players he’s ever worked with, yet this is the same man who left all of his attacking flare on the bench last night and instead went with a 5-4-1 (featuring four centre-backs and only one attacking midfielder) against a side who were both winless and bottom of the table before kick off!
Jordan has proved once again that he clearly doesn’t watch us, just sees the ‘BruceOUT’ hashtag trending and feels the need to defend his ‘mate’ with more lies that every Newcastle United fan can see right through.
He may be an intelligent man, but this is an embarrassing take on the current situation.