That’s it folks. The 11pm deadline has passed and with that the January transfer window has slammed shut for another year.
Without further adieu, here’s all the ins and outs we’ve seen over the past month, covering everything from U-23’s (*), senior signings, the Toon ‘targets’ who didn’t come off and the Newcastle players who missed out on moves:
- Joe Willock – Loan (Arsenal)
- *Jay Turner-Cooke – Free (Sunderland)
NUFC ‘targets’ who stayed / signed elsewhere:
- Hamza Choudhury – Leicester refused to let him leave after failing to sign a replacement.
- Ashley Maitland-Niles – Arsenal talent signed for West Brom on loan.
- Ozan Kabak – Loan deal ‘agreed’ but Liverpool hijacked move to sign the CB from Schalke.
- Olivier Ntcham – Celtic midfielder joined Marseille on loan with £4.5m option to buy.
- Idrissa Gueye – PSG midfielder ‘rejected’ loan move to Newcastle.
- Josh King – Bournemouth forward set to join Everton over Fulham.
- Jetro Willems – Newcastle decided against a move due to a lack of match fitness.
- Fikayo Tomori – Loan target ended up at AC Milan
- Lukas Lerager – Genoa midfielder now in talks to sign for Copenhagen.
- Philip Billing – Ended up staying at Bournemouth despite rumours of swap-deal involving Matt Ritchie.
- DeAndre Yedlin – Free (Galatasaray)
- Rolando Aarons – Undisclosed fee (Huddersfield)
NUFC player who failed to secure moves:
- Matt Ritchie – Bournemouth had bid rejected and told he’s staying
- Matty Longstaff – Rejected loan move to Watford
- Sean Longstaff – Rejected loan move to Watford
- Achraf Lazaar – No takers but contract settlement on the cards
- Christian Atsu – No takers and remains out of our 25-man squad
- Henri Saivet – No takers and remains out of our 25-man squad
- Emil Krafth – Linked with £2.7m move to Turkey but Yedlin left instead
- Elliot Anderson – Championship loan offers but NUFC kept him on Tyneside