The Chronicle have conducted a huge online survey about the current state of affairs at NUFC, and the results are worrying.
Over 14,000 Toon fans took part in the series of polls as they were asked a host of questions regarding Steve Bruce, their preferred replacement if he was sacked, the relegation battle, Mike Ashley, the Saudi takeover and more.
The results are pretty pessimistic to say the least, a massive indication into how downbeat supporters feel following our dismal form and constant blunders both on and off the pitch.
Here is a highlight reel of some of the key findings from The Chronicle’s polls:
- 95% think we should sack Steve Bruce
- 92% think we will get relegated with him in charge – just 4% believe will keep the team up
- 53% blame Mike Ashley the most for for the club’s current predicament
- 58% think the Saudi takeover WON’T happen
- 83% of fans still want the Saudi-backed consortium to buy the club
- 25% of fans wanted Eddie Howe in (1st: Howe 2nd: Benitez 3rd: Wilder 4th: Lampard)
Under-fire Bruce is the survey’s biggest loser, with 95% of Toon fans calling for his head damaging news for a man who probably in his own head thinks the number is closer to 50/50. Just 4% of supporters thinking he will keep us up is a telling stat that shows you just how uninspiring our performances have been so far this season.
Interestingly, a quarter of fans believe Eddie Howe should be the man to replace him, with the former Bournemouth man still out of work since parting ways with The Cherries last summer.
Just 12% of them think the Saudi fairytale will come true, while 30% remain unsure and a whopping 58% think the deal is as dead and buried.
Read The Chronicle’s results piece in full here.