With the season over, the Euros upon us and the transfer window just around the corner, we’ve brought back our round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place.
A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip – 25th May, 2021:
- Graeme Jones has been called up to England’s coaching team for this summer’s Euro 2020, with Gareth Southgate confirming he’ll be part of his backroom team in today’s press conference – Full story here.
- As for his 33-man squad, Southgate has failed to include any Newcastle stars in his initial line up, with Karl Darlow, Callum Wilson and Joe Willock all failing to make the cut – See the squad in full here.
- According to FootballGhana.com, Newcastle are interested in signing Vitoria Guimaraes’ star centre-back, Abdul Mumin – Full story here.
- Alex Bruce – Steve Bruce’s son – has hit out at banned journalist Craig Hope, claiming the Daily Mail reporter is a “poisonous little rat” for his constant digs at his Dad that threaten to “derail the club” – Read what he had to say here.
- Newcastle have held discussions with Tottenham over a potential move for USA international Cameron Carter-Vickers, according to reports in the States – Full story here.
- Last but not least, Jeff Stelling has defended the North-East after Sky Sports pundit Alan McInally questioned if Joe Willock would want to swap London for Tyneside – Watch it here.