With the season over, the Euros upon us and the transfer window just around the corner, we’ve brought back our round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place.
A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip – 26th May, 2021:
- David Ornstein – the Arsenal correspondent for The Athletic – believes Arsenal will be willing to talk to Newcastle if a bid between £20-£25m arrives for Joe Willock; but insists we have no chance of signing the 21-year-old if we offer anything less – Full story here.
- 18 months on from turning down a £35m move to Newcastle United, Sky Sports have revealed that Lille star Boubacary Soumare has agreed to join Leicester in a deal worth just £18m – Full story here.
- According to The Mail’s Simon Jones, Steve Bruce has reignited his interest in Hamza Choudhury now Leicester look set to sign Soumare. Kristoffer Ajer and Wigan’s Kyle Joseph are also named as targets in the report, but Bruce will need to convince Mike Ashley to release more funds to sign all three – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer has released his Premier League Team of the Season – but the lack of players outside the infamous ‘big six’ has seen the NUFC legend come under criticism – See his controversial team in full here!
- A look at FIVE recently relegated players Newcastle could look to sign from Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield United this summer – Read the piece in full here.
- And finally, with Newcastle needing to raise funds this summer to boost Bruce’s limited budget, we’ve considered whether it’s time for the club to cut their losses on £40m flop Joelinton – Read Charlie’s piece in full here.