With the season over, the Euros upon us and the transfer window just around the corner, we’ve brought back our round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place.
A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip – 27th May, 2021:
- According to the Daily Record, Newcastle are ‘pushing ahead’ with their attempts to sign Celtic centre-back Kristoffer Ajer, with Steve Bruce confident he’ll get his man. The same report also credits us with interest in Hoops teammates Odsonne Edouard and Olivier Ntcham – Full story here.
- Florian Lejeune looks likely to be sold this summer, as the Shields Gazette claim Steve Bruce is keen to cash in so he can sign ‘at least’ one of FOUR centre-back targets – Full story here.
- The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas claims Ciaran Clark could leave in the coming months, while The Gazette’s Liam Kennedy says Matt Ritchie could finally seal a £5m return to Bournemouth; a move that could see Jetro Willems arrive on a free – Full story here.
- Football Insider are reporting that Matty Longstaff will ask to leave this summer, believing Steve Bruce has handed him ‘broken promises’ regarding his game time since he signed a new deal – Full story here.
- Paul Merson believes Joe Willock’s priority will be breaking into Arsenal’s first-team in 2021, but predicts he’ll be banging on the door for a January move if Arteta doesn’t give him regular game time – Full story here.
- Ex-Mag Salomon Rondon is lining up a return to the Premier League once he’s competed at the Copa America, according to Sky Sports – Full story here.