With the season over and the summer transfer window just around the corner, we’ve brought back our round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place!
A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip – 7th June, 2021:
- According to The Chronicle, Mike Ashley has given Steve Bruce the go ahead to make a couple of early summer signings – despite being days away from his first Saudi takeover legal battle this Friday – Full story here.
- The Northern Echo report that we have stepped up our interest in free agent forward Josh King, with ‘formal talks’ expected in the coming weeks – Full story here.
- Hamza Choudhury is back on Steve Bruce’s radar according to Football Insider, who report that the NUFC boss has been in touch with the Leicester City midfielder who came close to signing on loan in January – Full story here.
- Conflicting reports have emerged on centre-back target Kristoffer Ajer, with The Mail claiming he is ‘unlikely’ to sign at St James’ Park and the Daily Record stating soon after that we still ‘lead the race’ for the Celtic star – Full story here.
- PSG have hijacked Barcelona’s bid to sign former Mag Georginio Wijnaldum, offering more than double the La Liga giants to secure a deal for the Liverpool midfielder – Full story here.
- Elsewhere, a brilliant video has emerged online of Antoine Griezmann showing his fellow French teammates his title winning Newcastle United side on Football Manager – Watch it for yourselves below!