With the season over and the summer transfer window just around the corner, we’ve brought back our round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place!
A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip – 8th June, 2021:
- According to The Express, Southampton have pipped Newcastle to a £8.5m deal for Ligue 1 star Romain Perraud – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have confirmed that Newcastle United ARE interested in bringing Arsenal centre-back William Saliba to the club on loan, claiming we’ve been tracking the Frenchman for almost 18 months now – Full story here.
- Jetro Willems has talked up a return to Tyneside, saying a move back to St James’ Park is a “very nice option” once he’s returned from a summer holiday – Read his quotes in full here.
- Ross Barkley has been urged to sign for Newcastle United this summer by former Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor, with the talkSPORT pundit believing the Chelsea outcast would be the ‘perfect’ signing for Steve Bruce – Full story here.
- Elsewhere, The Telegraph have revealed that Crystal Palace are ‘on the verge’ of appointing former Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo; a manager many of would’ve loved on Tyneside – Full story here.
- Last but not least, read Charlie’s in-depth piece on reports of a £12m budget being made available this summer; a figure that seems suspiciously low after crunching the numbers – Full story here.