With the season over and the summer transfer window just around the corner, we’ve brought back our news round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place!
A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip – 9th June, 2021:
- According to The Chronicle, Andy Carrolll has actually been offered a new one-year extension at Newcastle – making a mockery of Premier League leaks that suggested he’d been released – Full story here.
- Reports in Wales have today claimed that Swansea skipper Matt Grimes is attracting interest from Newcastle United – Full story here.
- The Athletic report that Newcastle are one of three Premier League clubs showing interest in Netherlands striker Wout Weghorst ahead of this summer’s Euros – Full story here.
- NUFC editor Mark Douglas has revealed that Derby boss Wayne Rooney is keen to sign forgotten man Matty Longstaff on loan this summer – Full story here.
- Elsewhere, PA news agency report that Mike Ashley has received a takeover boost after a Premier League letter took Saudi Arabia off a piracy watch list – Full story here.
- The Premier League have agreed to fine the ‘big six’ clubs a combined £20m – a pathetic ‘punishment’ given the grotesque power grab they tried to pull off via the European Super League – Full story here.
- And finally, some more takeover murmurings have emerged from Football Insider, who report that newfound confidence exists that a £300m takeover will be passed – also stating that the Saudi PIF want Rafa Benitez should the arbitration case go their way – Full story here.