With the summer transfer window open and the 2021/22 season fast approaching, we’ve brought back our news round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place!
Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 21st June, 2021:
- According to a number of reports in Ghana, Newcastle are now working on a deal to sign former Swansea star Andre Ayew on a free transfer – Full story here.
- The Athletic have revealed that newly promoted Norwich have ‘overtaken’ Newcastle in the race to sign Celtic centre-back Kristoffer Ajer – Full story here.
- Brandon Williams – a player Steve Bruce tried to sign in January – will be allowed to leave Man Utd on loan this summer, according to the BBC – Full story here.
- The Mirror report that Newcastle United have slapped a £60m asking price on Allan Saint-Maximin’s head to fend off expected interest in the Frenchman – Full story here.
- Elsewhere, talkSPORT are reporting that Rafa Benitez’s anticipated move to Everton is now ‘OFF’ after a series of protests from Toffees fans over the past week – Full story here.
- After being watched by Newcastle scouts before COVID struck, it looks like Denzel Dumfries Euro 2020 form will price us out of a move for the Dutch wing-back – Full story here.
- Finally, Charlie takes a look at FIVE bargains Newcastle could look to snap up this summer if reports of a £12m budget are true – See his budget buys here.