With the summer transfer window open and the 2021/22 season fast approaching, we’ve brought back our news round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place!
Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 23rd June, 2021:
- According to reports in Germany, Newcastle have triggered a clause to extend Fabian Schar’s contract, however the 29-year-old is pushing for a return to the Bundesliga this summer – Full story here.
- The Chronicle report that Matty Longstaff will be allowed to leave the club on loan and has already received offers from Norwich, West Brom, Anderlecht and Middlesbrough.
- Newcastle United will have to pay £15m to sign Liverpool centre-back Nat Phillips, according to The Athletic – Full story here.
- The BBC have revealed that reported loan target Billy Gilmour is ‘in talks’ with Chelsea over the prospect of joining a Premier League side on loan for 2021/22 – Full story here.
- The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas believes Newcastle won’t make any moves in the transfer market until arbitration is well on its way, explaining why the Saudi takeover saga has left the club in limbo – Full story here.
- Away from transfer talk, Martin Dubravka went from hero to villain in Slovakia’s Euro 2020 clash with Spain tonight, following a stunning penalty save with a shocking own goal and poor mistake for the Spain’s third – Watch both incidents here.
- The defeat dumped Dubravka out along with Ryan Fraser’s Scotland, but there’s been some good (and bad!) news for fellow Mags Fabian Schar and Emil Krafth over the final games of the group stage- See our full Euro 2020 round-up here.