Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 1st July, 2021:
- In an explosive new statement from Mike Ashley, Newcastle United have called on the Premier League to end the secretive nature of their takeover appeal – insisting they have “nothing to hide” – Read it in full here.
- The Athletic have confirmed that the club have had a £1m bid rejected for Dion Sanderson, with Wolves hopeful he’ll sign a new deal at Molineux before going out on loan – Full story here.
- Newcastle United look set to play Norwich City in a pre-season friendly at St James’ Park at 2pm on Saturday 7th August – See our summer programme in full here.
- The Chronicle are reporting that Mike Ashley remains ‘optimistic’ that a Saudi takeover resolution will be found in the coming months, with Mark Douglas claiming that he’s even gone public in portraying his confidence – Full story here.
- According to All Nigeria Soccer, former Burnley defender Udoka Chima will arrive at the club’s training ground for a trial this summer – Full story here.
- Elsewhere, The Telegraph’s Luke Edwards believes Mike Ashley is hiding behind the ongoing Saudi takeover saga to avoid spending – feeling there is ‘no way’ new owners will be in place before the transfer window shuts – Read his views here.
- Last but not least, Charlie has taken a look at the online virus that is ‘in the know’ accounts claiming their own exclusives on a potential Toon takeover – Read his piece in full here.