Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 2nd July, 2021:
- Newcastle United have finally unveiled Castore as the club’s new kit suppliers on a ‘multi-year’ deal – See announcement video below and full details here.
- 18 months on from our £35m bid, Leicester City have today announced the signing of Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare, who joins the Foxes for just £17m.
- Fabian Schar has suffered Euro 2020 heartbreak, missing in a penalty shoot-out defeat to Spain on Friday night – Watch his miss here.
- Norwich City have confirmed the signing of Billy Gilmour, with the NUFC loan target signing until the end of the season at Carrow Road.
- Southampton have also beaten Newcastle to a deal for Stade Brest defender Romain Perraud, with the left-back signing a four-year deal at St Mary’s today.
- The Athletic report that Newcastle could cash in on Fabian Schar and Dwight Gayle this summer if decent offers arrive for either – Full story here.
- The NUST insist Richard Masters is yet to follow up on his pledge to provide clarity over the ongoing Saudi takeover saga, also questioning Mike Ashley’s hypocritical statement last night – Full story here.
- Elsewhere, Amanda Staveley’s husband Mehrdad Ghodoussi has backed Mike Ashley’s explosive Thursday night message to the Premier League, insisting all fans deserve ‘transparency’ – See his tweet in response to the statement here.