Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 5th July, 2021:
- The Premier League have been given a 7-day extension to file their reply to NUFC’s evidence submission, meaning the CAT (Competition Appeal Tribunal) case surrounding the stalled Saudi takeover has been delayed until July 12th 2021.
- According to Sky Sports, Arsenal are ‘listening to offers’ for Joe Willock – but could yet keep the midfielder after his loan spell at Newcastle gave Mike Arteta ‘food for thought’ – Full story here.
- Labour MP Tracey Crouch has responded to Amanda Staveley’s letter calling for the arbitration case to be held in public, insisting she has no power to intervene in the proposed takeover – Full story here.
- The Chronicle report that Newcastle could be offered the chance to sign Andrea Belotti at a reduced fee this summer, claiming he’s a player we’ve tracked for several years now – Full story here.
- Elsewhere, James Perch has opened up about Fabricio Coloccini’s personal battles on Tyneside, revealing just why he wanted a return to Argentina – Read his comments here.
- Last but not least, we’ve been speaking to Roberto Rojas about Miguel Almiron’s future, his agents comments last year and Steve Bruce’s tendency to play him out of position – Read the piece in full here.