After six weeks off, a few Newcastle United players have been spotted returning to the club’s Benton base this morning for the start of pre-season training.
The five players pictured include Callum Wilson, Joelinton, Paul Dummett, Karl Darlow and Mark Gillespie.
We’re sure others will have also joined them – even if a few NUFC stars may have been granted a longer summer break – however these are the only players who’ve been snapped by the club’s media team this morning:
Here’s the photos released by the club, followed by the SIX pre-season friendlies set to take place between July and August:
- 18th July – York City (A) and Harrogate Town (A) – 2pm – *First-team squads split*
- 23rd July – Doncaster Rovers (A) – 7pm – Keepmoat Stadium
- 27th July – Rotherham United (A) – 7pm – AESSEAL New York Stadium
- 30th July – Burton Albion (A) – 7.45pm – Pirelli Stadium
- 7th August – Norwich City (H) – 2pm – St James’ Park.
Miguel Almiron has been given an extended break after competing in Copa America, while Allan Saint-Maximin’s Instagram suggests he remains out of the country and following his own fitness plan on holiday.