Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 6th July, 2021:
- After a letter from Amanda Staveley asked the Government to help the arbitration hearing play out in public, the Government’s Department of Culture, Media and Sport “up to the Premier League to come to a conclusion as quickly as possible” regarding the stalled takeover of Newcastle United – suggesting they will NOT be intervening.
- Sky Sports have today released a full 17-minute video of Amanda Staveley’s interview on the ongoing Saudi takeover saga – Watch it here.
- Newcastle players have returned to the club’s training ground for the start of pre-season today – See photos of all 19 players back at Benton here.
- The picture show Dwight Gayle back on Tyneside, all but confirming the ‘out of contract’ striker HAS signed a new deal at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Elsewhere, talkSPORT’s Simon Jordan has launched a personal attack on Amanda Staveley following her attempts to make the arbitration process play out in public – Watch his latest rantings here.
- A new Newcastle United pressure group are preparing to protest against the Premier League’s lack of transparency at Parliament Square on July 16th – Full story here.