Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 8th July, 2021:
- Jacob Murphy’s agency have revealed that the wide man has signed a SIX-year contract, while Federico Fernandez’s new deal also including a clause that could keep him on Tyneside for another three years – Full story here.
- Sky Sports have denied reports claiming Newcastle are ‘in talks’ with Watford over a potential swap deal involving Will Hughes and Isaac Hayden – Full story here.
- According to The Telegraph, Newcastle and Crystal Palace are both considering moves for West Brom captain Kyle Bartley – Full story here.
- Under-23 star Kelland Watts has been pictured training with the first-team after returning from an outstanding loan spell in League One – Full story here.
- Reports in Spain claim Alaves are ‘very interested’ in re-signing Florian Lejeune, however the La Liga side are pushing for another loan deal; an offer that does not suit Newcastle United – Full story here.
- According to US outlet SBI Soccer, Spurs defender Cameron Carter-Vickers expects to sign for one of Newcastle, Celtic or Bournemouth this summer – Full story here.
- Elsewhere, new writer David Pick has had his say on the Saudi takeover saga following a week of new statement from Amanda Staveley – Read his brilliant piece in full here.