With Bruce’s budget more limited than ever and us mainly shopping in the loan market, we’ll be keeping a close eye on the players ‘big six’ clubs are happy to let go of ahead of the new season.
Sadly, this is where we’re at this summer, and Bruce has already confirmed that we’ll be letting the ‘big clubs’ go to work before we can see who’ll be available.
As a result, here’s a few names that could well come into our thinking from the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham:
- Joe Willock – Our top target. They seem to want a permanent deal but a loan could yet work for all parties.
- Eddie Nketiah – There’s been whispers that he will become a loan target IF we sign Willock on a permanent deal.
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles – Versatile and a former target, he’ll be looking for game time after a spell at West Brom.
- Ross Barkley – Could be Bruce’s ‘plan B’ if we fail to re-sign Willock. Won’t be in Tuchel’s plans and needs a move.
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek – Didn’t quite work for him at Fulham last season, but could offer the dynamism we lack.
- Malang Sarr – An athletic young CB who spent last season at Porto. Was linked with NUFC during time at Nice.
- Ethan Ampadu – Can play at CB and in midfield. Needs another loan after a stint at Sheffield United last season.
- Michy Batshuayi – Needs games and we need another striker, with us relying too heavily on Wilson.
- Andreas Pereira – The Brazilian spent last season at Lazio and could be available. Has a goal in him and good energy.
- Brandon Williams – Named as a target back in January but Solksjaer refused to let the him leave at the time.
- Nat Phillips – Has been linked this summer. They seem to want a sale, but if there’s not takers he could leave on loan.
- Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain – Could yet be in Klopp’s plans, but he needs regular starts after all his injury issues.
- Takumi Minamino – Spent last season on loan at Southampton. Energetic attacker who can play up top or out wide.
- Divock Origi – In dire need of game time and is too good to sit on the bench. Loan with obligation to buy?
- Oliver Skipp – England U21 midfielder who’s impressed over pre-season. Needs a PL loan after spell at Norwich.
- Japhet Tanganga – A mobile centre-half who can also play at full-back. Expected to leave on loan.
- Cameron Carter-Vickers – A player we’re looking at and one who doesn’t seem to have a future at Spurs.
- Ryan Sessegnon – The wing-back come winger spent last season at Hoffenheim and may want to test himself in the PL.