Leading stat site WhoScored.com have released the ‘worst-rated Premier League XI so far this season’ – and it features two Newcastle United players.
It’s hardly a shock to see Ciaran Clark (6.24) make the team as one of the EPL’s lowest rated players, however a few Toon supporters may be surprised that Ryan Fraser (6.27) also features.
The Scot has only managed one assist (no goals) in 16 Premier League appearances this season, however he has upped his game since Eddie Howe’s arrival, putting in several high energy displays out wide.
As for Clark, he’s given away a penalty at Brighton, been sent off in that 1-1 draw with Norwich, made that calamitous mistake in our defeat to Man City, putting in several unconvincing displays that have seen him be axed from our 25-man squad for the remainder of the 2021/22 season.
Here’s the starting 11 in full, which also features former Mag Tim Krul:
- GK: Tim Krul (Norwich) – 6.43
- RB: Mads Roerslev (Brentford) – 6.36
- CB: Ciaran Clark (Newcastle) – 6.24
- CB: William Troost-Ekong (Watford) – 6.28
- LB: Romain Perraud (Southampton) – 6.38
- CM: Adam Forshaw (Leeds) – 6.38
- CM: Shandon Baptiste (Brentford) – 6.32
- RM: Josh Sargent (Norwich) – 6.34
- CAM: Tyler Roberts (Leeds) – 6.38
- LM: Ryan Fraser (Newcastle) – 6.27
- CF: Timo Werner (Chelsea) – 6.31