A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- As confirmed by The Chronicle, Paul Dummett has been forced to withdraw from the Wales squad – with the left-back set to stay on Tyneside and receive treatment on his hamstring injury – Full story here.
- As reported by The Mail’s Craig Hope, it’s said that Peter Beardsley’s return to NUFC is now ‘unlikely’, with U-23 players making it clear that they do not want to see the 57-year-old back after allegations of racism and bullying – Full story here.
- According to Turkish outlet Fotospor, Newcastle United are now willing to match Galatasaray’s £13.5m asking price for star winger Garry Rodrigues in January – Full story here.
- After regularly siding with Ashley and slating Benitez, Richard Keys has come out with some very surprising comments about NUFC – insisting that we won’t go down after Benitez ‘made a statement’ at Man Utd over the weekend – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has spoken out about his decision to hand Yoshinori Muto his first start at Old Trafford on Saturday, praising his ‘mobility and pace in attack’ and his positive relationship with fellow attacker Ayoze Perez – Full story here.
- Hatem Ben Arfa may be 31, but the ex-NUFC winger has still got it – smashing a left-footed strike in from 25 yards to give Rennes a late win over Monaco on Sunday – Watch the goal here.
- According to reports in Turkey, Newcastle ‘haven’t given up’ on their hopes of signing Galatasaray winger Garry Rodrigues – with Rafa Benitez keen to reignite his interest in January after extensive scouting – Full story here.
- And finally, my look at the unbelievable set of fixtures NUFC are set to face between now and Christmas – a run which could well decide our season – Read piece in full here.