Today’s round up of all NUFC related transfer talk:
- Rafa Benitez remains ‘hopeful’ that a deal can be done to sign Arsenal striker Lucas Perez, however the player must reduce his wage demands and Arsenal must sell ‘at the right price’ if a deal is going to be done (Shields Gazette).
- In-form NUFC forward Ivan Toney has completed a loan move to Wigan Athletic just days after scoring 5 goals in 2 games for the U-23’s (Lee Ryder).
- A decision on the loan destination of winger target Sheyi Ojo is expected tomorrow, with Derby and Fulham said to be favourites for the Liverpool prospect (The Independent).
- According to reports in Spain, Roma are preparing a €30m offer for reported NUFC target and Real Madrid winger Lucas Vazquez.
- Newcastle played their penultimate game of pre-season in Germany this afternoon and ran out 3-1 winners over Wolfsburg, with goals from Aleksandar Mitrovic, Christian Atsu and a stunning free-kick from Matt Ritchie capping off an impressive display at the AOK Stadion.
- Tickets for Sunday’s pre-season fixture against Serie A side Hellas Verona are on general sale now at nufc.co.uk.
- DeAndre Yedlin missed today’s 3-1 win over Wolfsburg but is expected to be fit enough to face Tottenham on the opening day of the season.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)