Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 29th June, 2021:
- According to the Daily Mail, Mike Ashley is now reluctant to pay the £4m required to sign Mario Lemina as he turns 28 later this year – Full story here.
- Allan Saint-Maximin has been spotted joining Joe Willock on holiday in a snap that’s given Newcastle fans a glimmer of hope over a potential summer reunion – See photo here.
- The Athletic report that, despite his agents comments and interest from Atletico Madrid, Miguel Almiron looks set to stay on Tyneside this summer – Full story here.
- On the subject of Miguel Almiron, the Paraguayan left the field in tears last night as he injured his hamstring in a 1-0 defeat to Uruguay at Copa America – Read the latest injury updates here.
- Elsewhere, our very own Graeme Jones helped England to a historic 2-0 win over Germany at Wembley, while Fabian Schar is also in the quarter final of Euro 2020 after scoring from the spot in Switzerland’s shoot-out win over France last night!
- After links with a move to St James’ Park in 2015 and 2019, Patrick Viera is on his way to the Premier League as Crystal Palace prepare to appoint the Frenchman as their new manager this summer – Full story here.