A round up of all of today’s takeover news and gossip:
- Following confirmation of Amanda Staveley & PCP’s bid to buy NUFC, The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas has revealed that there is now real optimism that this deal could now get done quickly from here on in – admitting that the mood has felt much more positive on the takeover behind the scenes over the past few weeks – Read full article here.
- Counter claims have since emerged however, suggesting that the offer is understood to be less than the £300m that was being reported – with fears that this opening offer could in fact be ‘well short’ of Mike Ashley’s asking price – Read full story here.
- In response to the above, it has been stated that the bid is closer to £280m, but includes clauses, payment structures AND a request for compensation IF we were to be relegated this season – Read full article here.
- Nevertheless, positive news has emerged on the likelihood of a deal being struck – with Sky Sports’ North-East representative Keith Downie revealing that both parties ‘remain convinced’ that a deal can be struck – Read full story here.
- With all above the above in mind, here’s a summary of all the goings on since last night’s bid – “Where we stand following Staveley’s bid & what to expect next” – Read full summary here.
- NUFC outcast Aleksandar Mitrovic has admitted that his patience is ‘almost at an end’, revealing that the support from Newcastle fans is the only thing ‘keeping him alive’ at the club following a frustrating lack of game time so far this season – Read the full interview here.
- Jamie Carragher has emphasised the importance of a takeover to take place at Newcastle United NOW before it’s too late – warning NUFC fans that a change of ownership is vital to keep an ambitious Rafa Benitez in charge of the club – Read his comments in full here.
- After West Brom sacked Tony Pulis on Monday, it has now emerged that former NUFC duo Alan Pardew and Sam Allardyce are the two favourites to land the vacant managers job at at the Hawthorns – a move that could have big implications for us next week! Read full story here.
- And finally, a must read for a good laugh tonight, as Alan Shearer reacts brilliantly to some goading from Sunderland fan Paul Collingwood on Twitter – saying even two Tyne & Wear derby wins wouldn’t get the Mackems out of the mess they’re in right now! See his amusing tweet here.