A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Striker target Nicolai Jorgensen is understood to be keen on a move to St James’ Park, however hope of signing Islam Slimani is fading – Read full story here.
- Feyenoord striker Nicolai Jorgensen may be keen on a move to NUFC, however Dutch reports today have suggested that the two clubs remain far apart on valuation, claiming the Eredivisie champions will demand £22m for his signature – Full story here.
- Feyenoord manager Giovanni Van Bronckhorst has also confirmed our interest in the Danish striker – admitting that things can move ‘fast’ when an ‘English club’ are interested, even if there is no deal in place at present to his knowledge – Read his comments from last night here.
- Now to matters elsewhere and some interesting claims on the goalkeeper front this afternoon, as it has emerged that Martin Dubravka was left out of Sparta Prague’s squad today –making NUFC fans wonder if he could be set for a move to Tyneside just days after talks were believed to have taken place with Rafa Benitez. Full story here.
- A new name linked to NUFC today, as Spanish reports claim that Newcastle scouts have been spotted watching Real Betis star Fabian Ruiz – Full story here.
- The Mail’s chief football correspondent Martin Samuel has offered a fascinating insight into his recent conversation with Mike Ashley, revealing how the NUFC owner opened up about his mistakes at the club. Full story here.
- Turkish reports claim Sivasspor are close to signing Henri Saivet – with club president Mecnun Odyakmaz all set to fly out to England to finalise a deal according to Fanatik. Full story here.
- It has been revealed today that Brighton’s rejected offer for Aleksandar Mitrovic was just £7m – less than half the asking price NUFC are believed to have stuck on the Serbian’s head. Full story here.