A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has offered some good and bad news on the fitness front today, confirming that Dwight Gayle is fit and ready to play tomorrow – however Jonjo Shelvey will miss out with a knee problem. Full story here.
- Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has admitted that Aleksandar Mitrovic is a ‘quality player’ and a player he would be interested in signing permanently in the summer – however he feels ‘many clubs’ will be interested in signing the Serbian. Full story here.
- The Chronicle have revealed that Rafa Benitez is planning on making some big changes at the club this summer, with the likes of Massaido Haidara, Curtis Good, Tom Heardman, Paul Woolston and Kyle Cameron all likely to be moved on. Full story here.
- After pictures were shared of the first team being put through their paces yesterday, it has emerged that highly-rated 19-year-old midfielder Mo Sangare was offered the chance to impress Benitez and train with the first team squad. Full story here.
- Ex-Liverpool forward Stan Collymore has had his say on Newcastle United ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Anfield, stating that Benitez will keep us up, but that owner Mike Ashley now feels ‘unlikely’ to sell – even if he doesn’t want to be here. Full story here.
- The Chronicle have revealed that Newcastle are ‘prepared to listen to offers’ for 21-year-old striker Ivan Toney this summer, with it seeming that the youngster has failed to impress Benitez during recent loan spells away from Tyneside. Full story here.
- When speaking about Dwight Gayle’s goalscoring this week, Rafa Benitez has emphasised the importance of his strikers helping the team defensively and showing good movement – making us wonder if these are two traits he felt Aleksandar Mitrovic couldn’t offer us. Full story here.
- Some incredible news today that summer target Cedric Bakambu has become the most expensive African footballer ever, joining Chinese side Beijing Guoan for a whopping £65m – Full story here.