A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that he will take his Newcastle squad to Spain next week for a four-day training camp and ‘competitive game’ ahead of our 21-day break – also offering injury update on Shelvey & Slimani – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez also sent a rallying call to his Newcastle United players ahead of tomorrow’s crucial encounter with Southampton, urging them to ‘give the fans something to cheer about’ in a bid to get the crowd going at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Some great news ahead of Saturday’s six-pointer with Southampton this weekend, with the Chronicle confirming that Wor Flags will be back in full force for the game after ‘constructive talks’ – and they’re planning to do one of their biggest yet – Full story here.
- Former NUFC skipper Fabricio Coloccini has admitted to ‘missing Newcastle a lot’ in an interview with Stan Collymore in Argentina – although admits he is ‘really happy’ to be back home with his family in his homeland – Read his comments here.
- Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson believes Newcastle will beat Southampton 2-0 at St James’ Park tomorrow , also feeling we will be ‘alright’ in the fight for survival – a worrying prediction from a man who often gets it wrong! Read his comments here.
- Former NUFC stopper Shaka Hislop has admitted that he’d prefer to see Newcastle relegated over ex-club West Ham, claiming that it would force Mike Ashley to sell – something he believes must happen if we are ever to see ‘the best’ at Newcastle – Read his comments here.
- We’ve heard very little of former NUFC defender Grant Hanley since he left the club last year, however Norwich fans are absolutely loving him – with the no nonsense centre-back fast becoming a ‘Norwich legend’ after his ‘phenomenal’ displays this season – Read why here.
- Ahead of tomorrow’s huge game with Southampton, we’ve looked at THREE seasons why we should be quietly confident of getting an all important three points – Read our full piece here.