A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- According to the Chronicle’s Chris Waugh, Sevilla have now entered the race to sign want-away midfielder Mikel Merino – and could pursue a deal to sign both him and Florian Lejeune this summer – Full story here.
- According to the Northern Echo, Rafa Benitez has turned down the chance to sign Daniel Sturridge for £15m, with the striker looking likely to move to Turkey instead – Full story here.
- Two months on from claims that Newcastle were interested in signing highly-rated Sunderland this striker Joel Asoro, the Mackem’s owner Stewart Donald has confirmed that the 19-year-old wishes to leave the club this summer – Full story here.
- A new club have entered the race to sign Chancel Mbemba according to reports in Portugal, with claims that Turkish side Trabzonspor have now submitted a higher offer than Porto for the Congolese defender – Full story here.
- According to Italian outlet TuttoMercato, Newcastle have been told to up their alleged £10.5m offer for Juventus midfielder Stefan Sturaro – with the Serie A champions believed to holding out for at least £14m – Full story here.
- With the Chronicle confirming that Rafa Benitez does hold an interest in recently linked Stoke midfielder Badou Ndiaye, Newcastle could be set to use the Potters pursuit of Dwight Gayle as a potential bargaining tool this summer- Full story here.
- According to Portuguese outlet ‘Record’, Benfica stopper Bruno Varela is one of Rafa Benitez ‘top targets’ this summer – news we find a little hard to believe given the signing of another goalkeeper should be the least of our worries – Full story here.
- Despite his superb form over the past 6 months, the upcoming season could well be Mo Diame’s last at Newcastle United , with the midfielder’s current contract set to expire next summer – at a time where he’ll have just turned 32 – Full story here.
- Ex-NUFC striker Malcolm Macdonald has questioned Aleksandar Mitrovic’s ability to cut it at Premier League level – suggesting the Serbian striker proved that he’s found his level during his recent spell in the Championship with Fulham – Full story here.