A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Achraf Lazaar HAS now been named in Rafa Benitez’s 25-man squad for the Premier League – however fellow outcast Rolando Aarons has been axed, failing to be given a place in the Newcastle United squad – Full story here.
- Some telling Terry McDermott quotes have resurfaced 10 years on from Kevin Keegan’s resignation at NUFC – revealing exactly what Mike Ashley did to tip King Kev over the edge back in August 2008 – Full story here.
- According to reports in France, Karim Benzema tried to convince Real Madrid President Florentino Perez to sign Hatem Ben Arfa earlier this summer – a move the Los Blancos chief decided against in the end – Full story here.
- The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas has admitted that there is now a ‘renewed buzz‘ that big money investors are looking at the Premier League market once again – giving Newcastle fans hope when it comes to a much needed takeover – Full story here.
- Sunderland executive director Charlie Methven has had a pop at Rafa Benitez’s ‘negative’ tactics, criticising his move to put ’11 men behind the ball at home’ when discussing the ‘fearless’ of the new ownership on Wearside – Full story here.
- TalkSPORT’s Adrian Durham has taken on NUFC fans on Twitter – and he’s only gone and made an absolute fool of himself – View his ‘debate’ on social media here.
- Former NUFC duo Hatem Ben Arfa and Vurnon Anita secured new clubs late in the transfer window, with the Frenchman securing a move to Rennes and the Dutchman signing for Eredivisie side Willem II on a season-long loan – Full story here.
- Kevin Mbabu’s career continues to go from strength to strength, with the full-back not only receiving his first call-up to the Swiss national team last week, but also seeing his team qualify for this year’s Champions League group stages – Full story here.