A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- The Magpie Group have now confirmed that another protest has now been organised outside St James’ Park before next Saturday’s visit of Arsenal – Full story here.
- Martin Dubravka claims Newcastle United teammate Jonjo Shelvey is the most ‘technically gifted’ player he has ever played with – saying it is ‘unbelievable’ to watch his passing in training – Full story here.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic has criticised Mike Ashley, claims Alan Shearer is still his ‘hero’ and has revealed why he prefers living in London to Newcastle – saying it’s nice not to get pestered as much when he goes out – Full story here.
- Despite talk that he could secure a loan switch to an unnamed Bulgarian side, The Chronicle claim that Rolando Aarons now looks set to miss out that move – meaning he could be forced to rot in the reserves until the new year – Full story here.
- Daryl Janmaat has made some telling comments about Steve McClaren when addressing Newcastle’s relegation in 2016 – suggesting that the ex-NUFC boss is a great coach but not a manager – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez believes Yoshinori Muto has endured an ‘unlucky’ start to life on Tyneside, admitting that he’s had to play the Japanese striker out of position in his four appearances for the club so far – Full story here.
- After getting injured just a few days after completing a move to Porto at the end of July, Chancel Mbemba has now missed out on a place in their 25-man squad for the Champions League group stages – Full story here.
- Speaking ahead of his side’s trip to the Stadium of Light on Saturday, ex-NUFC midfielder Joey Barton believes Fleetwood Town’s team is better than Sunderland’s ‘man for man’ – Full story here.
- According to a recent piece by Sky Sports, Newcastle United legend Alan Shearer would cost £125m if his £15m transfer back in 1996 was inflated to present-day prices in 2018 – Full story here.