A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Some great news has emerged from Rafa Benitez’s pre-match press conference today, with him confirming that Salomon Rondon is fit and back in the squad for tomorrow’s trip to Southampton – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, in-form NUFC youngster Elias Sorensen has been told he is NOT ready for a first team call-up – despite scoring a stunning 12 goals for the U-23’s so far this season – Full story here.
- As confirmed by MEN, former Newcastle United goalkeeper Paul Woolston is set to complete a surprise move to Manchester United today – just months after being released by Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- A shocking stat has emerged ahead of tomorrow’s crucial trip to St Mary’s, with it being revealed that Southampton have won just ONE Premier League game at home since November 2017 – See their recent results here.
- Paul Merson is predicting more misery for Newcastle United this weekend – backing Southampton to beat us 1-0 this weekend despite their ‘atrocious’ home record, with the Saints winning just once at St Mary’s since November last year – Full story here.
- After over a year out of the game, former NUFC defender Sebastien Bassong has completed a surprise return to English football – signing for League One side Peterborough – Full story here.
- And finally, Simon’s message to any fans claiming Rafa Benitez is no longer the man for the job at Newcastle United – Read his brilliant piece here.